NOTICE TO EDOM WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION MEMBERS ABOUT COVID-19
Edom Water Supply Corporation, first and foremost, would like to assure the membership that our top priority, as always, is to provide safe and reliable water at all times. The unfortunate outbreak of COVID-19 has taken a toll on the entire nation and seems to only be gaining momentum. Edom WSC staff have and will continue to monitor the information being provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and other national and state agencies.
The need for precautionary measures is becoming more extreme daily and Edom WSC will take every step possible to ensure we are maintaining public health and safety.
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has released the following information regarding COVID-19 as it relates to drinking water:
EPA recommends that Americans continue to use and drink tap water as usual. The World Health Organization (WHO) has stated that "the presence of the COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking-water supplies and based on current evidence the risk to water supplies is low.” Additionally, according to the CDC, COVID-19 is mainly thought to spread between people who are in close contact with one another. Further, EPA’s drinking water regulations require treatment at public water systems to remove or kill pathogens, including viruses.
“EPA has established regulations with treatment requirements for public water systems that prevent waterborne pathogens such as viruses from contaminating drinking water. These treatment requirements include filtration and disinfectants such as chlorine that remove or kill pathogens before they reach the tap. Additionally, the World Health Organization (WHO) notes that “conventional, centralized water treatment methods which utilize filtration and disinfection should inactivate COVID-19 virus.” (Click here to visit EPA website) Edom WSC will continue, as normal, to adhere to all federal and state regulations mandated for treatment and monitoring of drinking water.
With the exceptions listed below, Edom Water Supply Corporation staff will continue normal daily operations during this national emergency unless instructed otherwise. Regardless of the ongoing situation's outcome, Edom WSC's water operator or backup operator will remain on hand, at all times, to continue normal operations to treat and monitor water quality to provide safe drinking water to each member.
To ensure the safety and health of our small staff, Edom WSC will be taking the following steps:
- THE Edom WSC office will be temporarily closed to the public. Only Edom WSC staff will be allowed in the office until further notice. Staff will still be available at the office location during normal business hours to assist you as usual unless instructed otherwise. Bill payment options are listed below.
- Edom WSC water operator will still be on duty to address any day to day needs, but will only be able to visit with customers by maintaining social distances. The water operator has been informed of safety precautions that must be taken and will inform customers if any action requested by him cannot be completed due to safety restrictions.
- All staff meetings and face to face meetings will be temporarily suspended until further notice.
Payments will be accepted in the following ways:
- Dropbox payments, located by the front door of the office
- Mail-in - Edom WSC P.O. Box 245 Brownsboro, Texas 75756
- On-line at www.edomwsc.com
- Automated Phone - 1(888) 979-3829
***Edom WSC Office cannot take or make payments for you over the phone.***
Payments are still due by the posted days on your bill.
Edom WSC staff will continue to monitor the national response to the emergency and make adjustments to this statement or billing procedures as necessary. We request you contact the office if you need assistance regarding your bill payment.
If there are any questions, please call our office at (903)852-5055 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding,
Edom WSC General Manager